The wind hasn't stopped, but it has dropped. And the rain even stopped for a time yesterday and again today.
I took Coco for a dry walk down to Calgary yesterday afternoon, I don't tire of that walk, watching the waves roll into the shore and rise vertically into the cliffs. There was some sunshine on Ensay Hill as I walked up to the main road.
This morning we had to deliver something to Torloisk, and Farmer suggested I went with him. Our neighbour's cows were walking up towards the top of the hill. Slowly and in their own time. They are beautiful brown and red cows, cross Limousin/Shorthorn I think.
Last night it rained and rained, and there were deep puddles on the road, and a lot of water lying in the fields.
The building materials have arrived for Shian and Duill, along with the replacement windows. It is exciting! All we need now are the builders, the digger and the plumber! The extensions will be done first, then replacing Shian windows. Once they are done, we will be able to see if we have time to do Duill as well before its first booking of the season. The wall insulation we are putting in will mean we need to re-plasterboard and paint each room, so we don't want to start something we cannot finish in time! Eco-insulating the external walls will also and more importantly mean the cottages will be more efficient to keep warm.
Tonight there was a reasonable forecast for northern lights but unfortunately it has clouded over and started raining. I am not sure how long I can wait up for while my warm comfy bed awaits...