Thursday 11 December 2014

Four seasons

I have lost track of when the ferry disruption started, but thinking about it, it must have been Monday because I did hear that people who were in Oban on Monday have only got back to Mull this afternoon. 



Some folk are saying this is the longest they can remember that the ferries have been off for.  I havent been further than Calgary this week so I haven't seen the empty shelves in the local shops, so dependant on supplies from the mainland.   Farmer went in to Dervaig to Dougie's shop for emergency supplies of dried milk earlier in the week.





The winds have certainly slowed down - the waves were more choppy than rolling this afternoon. Yesterday's weather was not as extreme here as in the Outer Isles, but the hail showers were painful on our faces as Farmer and I walked beyond Haunn.





Apparently there has been a power cut in Tobermory in the last few minutes or so, so I am going to stop now, in case ours goes off too.
eXTReMe Tracker