Sunday 5 June 2016

June 5th 2016 - #30DaysWild

This evening there was time for some wild time.   It has been a very hot day, so it was lovely to get outside for a walk along the cliff tops.

Now the sun has set and I have just seen an owl fly in to the trees beside the house, fly out and then come back again.  I think it was a Barn owl, but not sure, it could have been a Tawny.   We have Tawny, Barn and Short eared owls on the farm.

I put up a Snipe as I walked along the cliffs, and a Skylark pretended she was injured to distract me from getting too close to her nest site - it worked!

The Bog cotton is still looking amazing, but the fields are actually getting quite dry - boggy pools are now dry underfoot and we are anxiously watching our water supplies to make sure it keeps up with demand.  Having had late flowers last summer, I think we are going to have fast and furious flowers this summer.  The cliff edges are beginning to dry up, and some of the trees have already lost their freshness.















eXTReMe Tracker