Monday 6 June 2016

June 6th 2016 - #30DaysWild


Sunrise over Calgary Bay.  Farmer wanted to move the Cheviots and the Zwartbles into the park early  to avoid the heat of the day, which isn't good for the dogs.  As the temeperatures were in the mid 20's today this was very wise, but it did seem very early!


Farmer went off to help another farmer sort their lambs, I went off to Oban to see the accountant.  It was a beautiful beautiful day. The sea was so calm and silvery.  It was hot.  It was a relief to finally get home again, and to know that we had a long sunny evening ahead. 

I stole off to have some time on my own down below the house. 



Bluebells and Pignut colour the banks and slopes.


Dandelion clocks about to blow.


The Birds foot trefoil seems to be flourishing this summer!  The heat/warmth/sunshine of the last few weeks seems to have accelerated all the flowers, and I have a feeling they will be over very quickly this year.   If you look at the blog from today's date last year, you can see Common Twayblade just coming into flower.


I wanted to see if the Common Twayblade had begun to flower by now.  The last time I was down in this field, I found some leaves but the stems weren't beginning to show at that time.   They are certainly in full flower now!   There were hundreds of them.   



A lovely sunset to end another amazing summer day.


eXTReMe Tracker