Saturday 27 June 2020

26th June 2020 #30DaysWild

Another good flower dog walk on the Point this afternoon and a bonus walk through the field beyond Haunn this evening.  A relief after most of the day was spent doing the cleaning course and then ordering extra bedlinen and duvets etc.  

I wish I could adequately capture the feeling of standing on a bank with such colourful and scented beauty at ones feet.  The eye seems to work on two levels, appreciating the whole and the detail all at once.  I certainly cant get my camera to come anywhere close but I keep trying.  

We both saw a Grayling which was exciting for me.  And lots of Dark green fritillary, Meadow brown and Common blue.  Found a new flower  for me which I think is Procombent pearlwort but I need to check first. 


Butterfly heaven even though the sun was not shining


Bloody cranesbill and Lady's mantle



Six spot burnet moths


The view from the top of the Point 


A turf dyke above the Haunn cottages 


Behind the wall, in the shade, the ?Procumbent pearlwort.


Grasses and butterflies


Red bartsia


eXTReMe Tracker