Thursday 30 June 2016

June 30th 2016 #30DaysWild

The 30th day and the wettest day of the month I think!

Farmer had to go and mend a fence which the heifers had broken through. I think they liked the look of the wild flowers and just went for it.   It was pouring with rain, but I went with him.

I hadn't walked in the Coronation Meadow for about a week, as my attention has been on the field below the house.   And it changes so much in a week!  There are huge patches of Red Bartsia and White clover, as well as Northern marsh orchids and Greater butterfly orchids in the areas of thinner grasses.  The Tufted vetch is beginning to show through - I am sure that is early compared to other years.

The drainage ditch running through the wetter part of the field is running again, and the Ragged Robin was thriving in the dripping rain.

Today was the last day of #30DaysWild.  I have enjoyed sharing my wild walks again this year, though I haven't had as much time to write.   I don't ever take for granted how lucky we are to live in such a wild place, but the Challenge of doing something each day is a good way of reinforcing how lucky we are!   I am not sure if I will do it next year, time will tell.
















eXTReMe Tracker