Wednesday 21 August 2013

The first charge.

The Mull and Iona Community Trust building at Craignure now has a charging point for electric cars, funded by Scottish Government as part of their 'Plugged In' programme.  One of the conditions is that the electricity for charging is supplied free of charge.  Treshnish & Haunn Cottages are happy to be able to help by sponsoring the cost of the electricity.

18 months ago I had started to look into installing one at Treshnish to take advantage of wind power from the Proven turbine, but I hadn't managed to work my way through all the technical side of what was the best option/choice et cetera, so nothing further was done!

This inaction has worked in my favour as MICT have been working away to try and encourage a island wide network of charge point installations, and I have just signed an application to the Energy Savings Trust for a charge point here - hopefully we will be successful.  MICT have done all the hard work and research - I for one am extremely grateful.


This photograph is of Peter Pinnington (who also happens to look after our website) and his G-wizz at the MICT charge point - the first charge! He lives near here so I expect we will be seeing him a lot if our application is successful.


eXTReMe Tracker